Tuesday, February 21, 2012

More Books

I've added the following to my reading list on the right sidebar.

  • Brain Bugs: How the Brain's Flaws Shape Our Lives by Dean Buonomano
  • Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg
  • An Hour Before Daylight: Memoirs of a Rural Boyhood by Jimmy Carter
  • A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes by Stephen Hawking
  • The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Values by Sam Harris
  • Greenhouse Gardener's Companion, Revised: Growing Food & Flowers in Your Greenhouse or Sunspace by Shane Smith
Julie and I read Brain Bugs and are reading Nonviolent Communication during our commute to work. I drive and she reads to us.

I started A Brief History of Time before I returned to work full time. I would read in the afternoons while waiting on Julie. Now that I'm working more I'm reading less so I haven't finished it yet but will do so.

The Moral Landscape is bedtime reading. I began it earlier with week.

I've completed about half of Greenhouse Gardener's Companion. I carry this book with me to read when waiting such as waiting on the tank to fill when hauling water.

I've saved the best for last: An Hour Before Daylight. This was a most enjoyable book. My sister read it and bought a copy for me. It provided a peek into a fading era and reminded me of scenes from my childhood. Reading it was pure pleasure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I am awaiting a shipment of Marvel comic books.

2/22/2012 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Regenia said...

So glad you enjoyed Jimmy Carter's book. I was quite sure you would.

Julie's dining room set is beautiful!

I don't understand a thing about the greenhouse, but still think it is totally cool. Julie's festive lights add just the right touch!

Interesting about the tomatoes. Even as a kid I loved a good tomato. Seems like these days some styrpfoam resembling a tomato is available at the market for a hefty price!

2/29/2012 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

I always enjoy your reading lists. My dad gave me Jimmy Carter's book years ago, and so it is a treasure. Like you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the president's youth and family life. Standing out for me: His relationship with the Blacks who worked his father's farm and his understanding of their lives and his struggle with his own racism.

4/07/2012 07:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home