Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mistake Remedied

I made a mistake about four years ago. Julie was off work for the summer and I had many enjoyable plans but not enough time. I decided to work eight hours straight so I could get home as soon as possible. I had been going to the weight room at the University for about five years and felt good. The summer progressed and I didn't take time to lift weights so I decided to cancel the membership at the recreation center. That was a bad mistake.

Lately I've watched myself decline and decided I had to do something. Last week I started another membership and lifted weights three days. It felt unbelievably fantastic the first day. The second day was better and the third was even better. I was surprised to learn I hadn't lost as much strength as I suspected.

For the last few years Julie and I have discussed building an exercise room as part of a work building that I hope to construct next year. Until that happens I plan on keeping the recreation center membership.

Geraniums

Geraniums in the sun room. I took this photo last week. I think we started with two or three. Julie likes to prune and I enjoy rooting what she prunes. This photo has nothing to do with the subject of this post. I simply like the geraniums and wanted to use the photo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Regenia said...

Absolutely LOVE the geraniums!

1/21/2012 04:19:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

Perhaps the work and hiking you do mitigated the loss of the routine workouts. If so, that must feel good. Gorgeous window garden.

4/07/2012 07:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home