Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 5 of 18

Today is the fifth of eighteen days off work. It's been an enjoyable five days.

Last weekend we hosted supper for friends one of whom celebrated her sixty-forth birthday the day before mine. I didn't anticipate a gift but she gave me a puzzle. For several years I looked forward to winter in anticipation of assembling a large puzzle. It's been at least five years since I last had a puzzle so her gift was appreciated and enjoyable. Next time I'm in town I'm going to purchase another puzzle.

Puzzle

Gift Puzzle.



The weather has been nice. The high temperatures have been in the thirties and forties with sunny or mostly sunny skies and little or no wind. Today I worked outside wearing only a long sleeved tee shirt.

My main project at the moment is the attached greenhouse. I've finished the north wall, framed the south wall and cut all the rafters. Tomorrow I'll frame the east wall, nail the rafters in place and install blocking. On Thursday I hope to install the polycarbonate. By the weekend it will be finished on the exterior and I'll be working inside. Exciting!

I'm itching for another backpacking trip. Some how, some way I'd like to squeeze in a short trip before I go back to work but I don't think there's time. Regardless, the next thirteen days will be good.

1 Comments:

Blogger graceonline said...

I've been thinking I would enjoy a real puzzle rather than the cyber kind I usually put together in odd moments these days, usually when I'm noodling a sticky problem. How lovely that one! Thanks for the extra push to remember to pick one up.

12/21/2011 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home