Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday, February 18

Greenhouse bench

Today I built the first of our benches. The benches will increase capacity of containers by about forty percent.


Covered greenhouse containers.

Last night the temperature dropped to 19 degrees and the greenhouse dropped to 45 degrees. Tonight, after placing a remote temperature sensor in one container to monitor the temperature drop, I covered the containers I planted last week . I'll compare the air temperature in the greenhouse to the temperature in the container. Four of the seven items I planted last week have germinated -- arugula, mesclun, bok choy and kale.


Dining table.

In December Julie ordered a new dining table and chairs. Today I came in and discovered she had moved some flowers from the bedroom to the table. I like the look.


Macy

Macy and her nightly routine. Each evening when I sit she tucks herself into my left arm.


Christmas cactus in bloom.

Our Christmas cactus has bloomed a second time. It bloomed in November as normal. Recently I noticed some buds and expected a few blossoms but it is filled with flowers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Macy's nightly routine is very cute.

2/19/2012 06:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

My husband and I are considering a move out your way. I read your earlier blogs and was wondering if we could talk with you about living off the grid. We currently live in downtown Flagstaff. We are looking at a property today. Thanks, Jeannie

Our phone number is Three 1 zero 9 zero 1 six 7 seven 5 and e-mail is solstice1111@hotmail.com

3/17/2012 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

Ooh, I've missed greenhouse building! Can't wait to read further back and learn about those barrels.

4/07/2012 07:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home