Sunday, November 20, 2011

Good Progress

We made good progress this weekend on the living/dining area remodel.

We picked up materials, finished preparing the walls, textured and painted the walls, painted and installed wainscot paneling, crown molding, door and window casing. I am well pleased with the wall texturing. I applied the compound and Julie came behind me knocking it down. She did a job equal to a professional.

Julie staining an oak panel.


Julie staining an oak panel that will trim the side of a pantry.


It will take another weekend to finish some trim items on the south wall, finish the breakfast bar, install flooring and baseboard and two lights.

This has been an enjoyable project.

Remodeling progress.


Progress to date. This area needs flooring and baseboard. Note the side of the pantry that Julie stained in the above photo.

2 Comments:

Blogger graceonline said...

It always interests me to see someone actually enjoying the work of a remodeling project. I've lived through a number of them and have to say, not my first choice of fun activities. But the satisfaction of a job well done always makes it worthwhile.

12/01/2011 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Regenia said...

Looks great! We all enjoyed doing our kitchen and most recently the screened in back porch; both the process and finished job. I have the next two projects in mind already. But I'll wait to tell everybody else.

12/04/2011 03:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home