Sunday, January 02, 2011

Two Weeks

Tomorrow I return to work. My two weeks off are over.

It's been a good break. Originally Julie and I discussed taking a week-long trip or a short trip and some day trips. Finally we settled on a short trip to Palm Springs, California, Christmas at home and another short trip to St. George, Utah. On an impulse we changed our plans and chose to remodel our bedroom rather than a second trip.

For eight days we worked at least eight hours daily. I thoroughly enjoyed the week. Most mornings I worked and when I thought it was about ten o'clock I would stop for a break. When I checked the time I discovered it was noon or one o'clock. The work caused time to become meaningless.

Julie is off another week so tomorrow morning I'll adjust my work schedule, go in early and get home early.

It's been an enjoyable two weeks. I don't know what could have made it better.

Before photo of the closet wall and doors.
Before photo of the closet wall and doors after flooring and trim have been removed.


After photo of the closet wall and door.
After photo of the closet wall and doors. The bi-fold doors need adjusting and knobs installed.


Furniture returned.
Furniture returned. Note the missing crown molding that must be installed.


New flooring.
New flooring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Great job!

1/02/2011 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger graceonline said...

So enjoyed reading your adventures during the remodel, as well as learning about geocaching. What fun! One of the things I appreciate so much, reading you, is how you don't let anything ruin your day. Peace making in action.

1/07/2011 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home