Friday, December 10, 2010

Hurrah!

I have a permit for the Grand Canyon in March or April!

I haven't received the permit as yet but Julie checked the credit card and saw a charge by the National Park Service. It's in mail.

I applied for four nights (March 14-18) with second and third choices in early to mid-April. Next I checked the box that requests any dates between March 14 and April 11 if choices 1-3 are unavailable. I probably got our first choice.

Below are two photos (courtesy of the NPS) of our destination.

Colorado River at Nankoweap. Colorado River at Nankoweap.


Granaries at Nankoweap. Granaries at Nankoweap.


From the NPS description of the Nankoweap Trail: "This trail is classified as MOST difficult of the named trails in Grand Canyon. It has the largest total rim-to-river drop (5640 ft / 1735 m) and is one of the longest trails." Translated this means "solitude, beauty, memories, reverence, rejuvenation".

Another adventure in paradise!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I didn't know there had been cliff dwellers in the canyon. That's one of the few things I don't know about this world -- as far as I know. lol

12/10/2010 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

Sigh. I want to be there, sometime.

12/10/2010 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Alex Pendragon said...

It also translates as "downright dangerous"!

12/10/2010 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lani Urreta said...

I can't wait to hear about the trip! (Congratulations on the permit.)

12/14/2010 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

Wow. How in heaven's name did the people get their grain up to the granaries? Did they lower people in baskets, who then waited for the grain to be lowered and brought it inside? Reversed for when they needed to use it?

Congratulations on getting the coveted permits.

12/20/2010 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Paul and Julie,

Should I sens a supply of sponges?

Tim

12/22/2010 03:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home