Monday, July 05, 2010

112 over 65

It's siesta time! I'm going to read a while and dose off but first a short record of the day thus far.

Our intended time to get up this morning was 4:30 but we had to go to town yesterday evening. The net result was home late, to bed late and sleep late until about 6 AM. For years I lived with four to six hours sleep. I learned three was the minimum to function near normal. Then, I met Julie and got a little wiser due to her influence. Seven hours minimum is the rule.

After breakfast we set a destination about a mile away for our morning walk. We wanted to check on a perennial flower: Oxytropis lambertii -- Lambert Locoweed aka Lambert Crazyweed, Colorado Locoweed and Purple Locoweed. This sentence from a Wikipedia article on locoweed is interesting: "It is the most widespread poisonous plant problem in the western United States." In addition to begin poisonous it's native, xeric and beautiful. I've found a source for seed and plan on planting a few in the yard.

I planted twelve or thirteen items in the garden including one small unidentified bean that was mixed in an envelope with another variety. This morning I found the first tomato turning color, the first small Thai hot pepper and the first squash blossom. Exciting finds!

Lunch menu.
Lunch.


While I was working in the garden Julie was cooking. We have an excess of Swiss chard and cauliflower. She fixed a lunch of cornbread, pinto beans, chard, sweet potatoes and cauliflower. The cauliflower was baked and was irresistible. I could have eaten more. Undoubtedly the best I've ever had.

Each afternoon during the hottest part of the day we take a break for two or three hours. After a shower I took my blood pressure and learned it was 112 over 65. Julie's was lower than mine.

Life is good!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Congrats on you BP, and Julie's!

7/05/2010 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Congrats to both of you!

7/06/2010 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Are you LOCO?

7/06/2010 06:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home