Friday, June 04, 2010

Friendship

For the last 20 years my daughter has worked at a small regional hospital in Kentucky. She's had various positions in insurance, billing, collections and computer systems analysis. This morning I received this email from her.

Well I just found out that a dear friend of mine passed away at 1:05 this morning. I didnt know him until 2 years ago. He had cancer and came in my office to see about help on his bills. He and his wife were the cutest couple. You could tell how much they loved each other. He would hold her hand the whole time they were in my office.

He told me once that the best thing that came out of his cancer was the people he met. His daughter in law works with me. She would stop in once in a while just to pass a message to me. He would tell her to tell me he thought the world of me. His wife would tell Sheila I was the sweetest person. He said he never had to worry about his bills because he knew I would take care of it.

He would stop by my office just to say hello after a treatment.

I just found out yesterday they only gave him 2 to 3 weeks to live but he passed this morning. I was going to make a trip to his house in Casey Co. this weekend to see him. He was a good man. Very giving. He loved to farm. He raised all kinds of vegetables. I think he gave away more than he sold. That was his one wish that he could have worked in his garden this year. He still had one put in but he would sit in a chair and watch as his family worked.

I got very attached to him. I dont know how Chemo nurses do it. I will miss his visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home