Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hodge Podge

Hodgepodge is a word used to describe a confused or disorderly mass or collection of things; a "mess" or a "jumble". According to Wikipedia.

Here's my hodge podge for today.

Mary Oliver has a new volume of poetry entitled "Evidence". It contains this quote by Soren Kierkegaard: "We create ourselves by our choices." I like this!

Last night I saw about three-quarters of a PBS program about Wallace Stegner. Interesting!

Julie had supper in town with two friends while I waited on her. I always get a sense of pleasure and satisfaction whenever the group has a night out. I'm not certain why but I do.

I've been trying to read Edward Abbey's "The Monkey Wrench Gang". It's not doing it for me.

Received the latest issue of Mother Earth. Nothing new or surprising but it contains three timely articles about projects that I've started or am about to start. Borders on serendipity.

Julie and I ordered new motorcycle pants. I failed to notice one small line that instructed us to add one inch to waist size when ordering. I can wear them but not comfortably. An exchange is underway.

Every few years I read about motorcycle safety. The fastest growing casualty rate is among older riders. I find that interesting. I began riding 43 years ago and have owned five motorcycles. I wonder if these facts make me more or less dangerous.

This is my 499th post to my blog.

This past week rather than eating on the deck we ate breakfast inside on some mornings since the temperatures are dropping into the thirties. It has been months since we ate inside. I don't like eating inside.

We have one nectar feeder that isn't empty. I saw one hummingbird this morning. I think I'll refill another feeder just in case there are others migrating and needing energy.

Julie is taking a yoga class. She's inspiring me. This morning she challenged me to try Downward Dog. I felt pain and she laughed. I like her laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

I enjoyed your smorgesboard......

9/24/2009 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Paul

Amazing how we create a narrative from picking up on these collection of events and happenings.

Tim

9/24/2009 04:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home