Monday, September 14, 2009

Horned Lizards

I watched for horned lizards when my grandsons were visiting in July but failed to find one. Since then I've seen several. C'est la vie.

Large Horned Lizard.
Large Horned Lizard. I walked past this guy but my son saw him and picked him up for a photo. The larger version shows their magnificent detail. (Larger version - 1.3 MB)


Young Horned Lizard.
Young Horned Lizard. I was working this weekend and saw this small lizard as he rushed to hide under a two-by-four. (Larger version)


Camouflaged Horned Lizard.
Camouflaged Horned Lizard. In the Sedona area the lizards are more red colored to match the color of the soil. (Larger version)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Those are SOOOOOOOO cool!!!!!

9/14/2009 07:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

I had no idea horned lizards were so small and cute!

9/15/2009 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home