Thursday, September 03, 2009

Rules

I have a rule: never check the weather forecast. I settled on that rule many years ago when I realised weather forecasts are reasons not to do something. It's too hot, too cold, too windy, too something -- cancel plans, stay home and wait for better weather. Myself, I prefer to make plans, forget about weather forecasts and accept whatever I encounter.

Julie doesn't follow my rule. She checked and the probability for rain in southern Utah is 50% for the next several days. Tomorrow morning about 7 AM we leave for Panguitch, Utah. We're riding the motorcycle and expect to get wet.

I like to travel without a fixed itinerary, schedule or reservations but this is a holiday weekend. As a precaution Julie phoned Panguitch and discovered there's a rodeo in town and rooms will be limited so she made reservations for three nights at a B & B.

The town's location is perfect for short day trips to Zion National Park, Cedar Breaks National Monument, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, hot springs, four or five scenic drives and some state parks. We've been to Bryce, Zion, Grand Staircase and the area but have never visited Panguitch or Cedar Breaks.

Another rule that I obey is 'always have one or more things to anticipate: trips, evenings with friends, something to plan and build -- something enjoyable'. I get grouchy when I don't have something to anticipate.

Regardless of the weather, I'm looking forward to this trip with Julie and I won't be grouchy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy the trip. I think we do a little planning and a little ... hmmm ... not planning (for want of a better word).

9/08/2009 05:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home