Thursday, September 29, 2005

Does It Really Matter?

The debate over creation and evolution doesn't really matter. What matters is how I treat you and other people.

If I treat you without respect and lovingkindness does it matter if I'm a creationist or evolutionist or some variation of these?

If I agree with your position on evolution/creation and blind myself to the suffering of children -- are you happy to have my support?

If I work for peace, education, opportunities and health care, does it matter what I believe about creation or evolution?

Let's solve the world's problems. When we've worked together and agree that no child is malnourished then let's sit down and discuss evolution and creation.

2 Comments:

Blogger anonymous julie said...

People often get fixated on things that, in the grand scheme, don't really matter... and allow differences to create divisions, hatred, instead of being willing to say, "I think you're wrong, you think I'm nuts... let's be kind to each other anyway."

Religious fervor, on any subject, with the wrong audience, seems always to divide...

1/30/2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Beardedoverland said...

Cool, something I sink my teeth into...

Evolution and creation...

The two camps are theologically opposed at their roots. With creation comes a higher power. Comes morals. There is a right and a wrong. People are expected to have self control, to not act on the impulses that dictate the actions of animals. Evolution is an attempt to free mankind from any higher power. If mankind is at the same level as animals, they can say or do anything that pleases them.

The two are the same. They are both religions, at the center of one is an omnipotent entity. The center of the other is science. They both require the same level of faith, to oppose the one and embrace the other.

For me, I'm not going to say I side with one or the other, but just say that the argument about the two never really address the similarities.

4/12/2010 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home