Sunday, September 12, 2010

Triplet

Three experiences occurred in quick succession. They were neither earth shaking nor unusual but they were pleasant.

I want to take a back packing trip in October. Given our work schedules three days and two nights will be all of the time I can allocate. I'd like the trip to be to a part of the Grand Canyon that I haven't explored. Julie has logged enough miles in the canyon to cause her to opt out of the trip. I've been looking for someone to join me on the trip.

The first of the triplet. Last week in a local natural foods store I ran into Todd who was part of the trip last March. He said he was going to call me this week to suggest lunch so we could discuss another trip. He suggested a spring trip in addition to an October trip. Sounds great to me! Lunch is scheduled for tomorrow.

The second. My son phoned yesterday morning. I hadn't talked with him for three weeks. When I answered the phone his first question was "Have you checked on the Grand Canyon trip for the winter?" We have tossed around the idea of a trip in December, January or February when his work is slow. Our trip together last March was the best time we've had in 20 years. I'm looking forward to more good times with him.

Third. This afternoon I turned on PBS and saw a program about water that focused on the Colorado River. The program included some wonderful video of rafters and kayakers in the canyon. Julie and I have discussed a river trip for the last few years. When the program ended she suggested we invite family to join us on a trip.

I learned a long time ago that life is better with things to anticipate. I have several but these three top my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home