Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Late

I was behind schedule upon getting out of bed. As I walked the sun came over the eastern hill and I needed a cap and sun glasses because I was late. Breakfast felt a little rushed. Julie and I were taking separate vehicles because I have a late obligation this evening. Two days ago I picked up a load of water and left the trailer connected so I had to unhook it which required a few additional minutes. When I got into the car I smelled a faint odor of a dead mouse coming from the air conditioner vents -- a risk I took by not parking close to the house and the cats. Two and one-half miles into the drive to work I realized I had left an item at home that I will need for a meeting tonight so I had to turn back. When I got on my way again I pulled into heavier traffic than normal. The speed limit is 50 but traffic was doing 65 and 70.

About three miles from home there is spot where the road is slightly elevated above an area of several hundred acres. For several days I've enjoyed the yellow flowers covering the field. They are beginning to fade slightly but continue to be beautiful.

Garden harvest.
Later Summer Flowers.


On an impulse I pulled out of the rushing traffic, climbed a fence and took several photos. The rest of my trip was enjoyable. I arrived for work 30 minutes later than planned but the morning was good.

3 Comments:

Blogger graceonline said...

Oh, Paul, this is just what we all need to hear, learn from and do when we're experiencing events that could make us frustrated, or worse. What a fabulous story. May I use it and your image in my next Good News Friday post?

9/01/2010 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Kathryn, thank you for your kind words. You may use any or all.

BTW, I haven't forgotten "what I need". I've been formulating a response my in mind. Soon I'll have it.

9/01/2010 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Paul,

There you go, follow the impulse towards a daily dose of beauty, and watch how everything else lined up.

Tim

9/01/2010 02:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home