Thursday, June 03, 2010

Dirt, Dust, Happiness and Smarts

We live in a dusty world. Traffic creates a trail of dust on the dirt road. Wind brings us smoke and dust from west Arizona and California. A layer of fine dirt covers everything. Dust it off and a few minutes later it's back.

But, there's good news. It appears bacteria found in dirt may improve our mood. (However, I suspect some people may be immune to this benefit. When a layer of dust covers things Julie's mood doesn't improve. I attribute this immunity to her puritanical upbringing.)

But, there's more good news. This same bacteria appears to enhance our brain power.

But wait, there's more good news. The benefit of this dirty bacteria is only temporary. To get continuous benefit it's necessary to dig in the dirt frequently. A good way to accomplish this is by gardening. Wow!

I find this amazing




Spilled Water.
Spilled Water.

1 Comments:

Blogger graceonline said...

That's what I call good news! I'm going to include it in an upcoming TGIF post (give me a week or two). Thanks so much for writing about this.

6/24/2010 04:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home