Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Risky Behavior

Today I did a risky thing. I bought bare root rhubarb.

The risk isn't that the rhubarb will fail to grow. It has nothing to do with the toxic leaves. The risk is that I'll move to a new location

In 1973 I planted rhubarb for the first time.The following spring I decided to finish college and moved to another state leaving the plants behind. In my last year of graduate school my children were in a good school, we lived in one of my favorite locations and I had no intention of moving. I planted rhubarb and moved the next spring. A few years later the pattern repeated itself.

Friday I'll plant the rhubarb. Next spring.....well, next spring I'll cook rhubarb, my rhubarb. Finally!

1 Comments:

Blogger graceonline said...

Oh, I do hope you get to eat your own rhubarb at last, especially rhubarb pie.

4/14/2010 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home