Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Pick Up

Today was the spring road pick up. Julie and I have been participating in the semi-annual road pickup for five years. I admit I didn't want to go because I have work I'd like to finish.

Once again the day began with a breakfast that attracted a large crowd. We met people who recently moved to the area and saw others for the first time in a few months.

We already had plans with a couple from town for next Saturday. At breakfast we made plans for supper Friday evening with some friends at their house and plans for another couple to come to house next Sunday morning to discuss gardening and greenhouses.

In the end I'm glad we went.



PS: Some of the items we find along the road are strange, interesting or unexpected. The strangest find this time was a recently deceased fully intact white chicken in a small plastic bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home