Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Seasonal Adjustment

I noticed electricity production seemed lower than it should be. Recently I added a few small items that require electricity but the total consumption didn't explain the drop.

Solar Panels.
Solar array adjusted for December.


I decided to adjust the tilt on the solar array which I do every couple months. I found the problem. It appears it had been too long since the last adjustment. I see the array every day but it never registered that the angle was wrong for December.

The panels were putting 23 amps into the batteries. After changing the angle the output was 29 amps. An increase of 25%!

2 Comments:

Blogger MojoMan said...

Can you estimate how your power production is split between wind and sun? Can you run a washer and dryer on wind and solar? Wow!

12/27/2009 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

MM, I'm out of pocket at the moment and short of time. I'll answer this tonight when I get home.

12/29/2009 07:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home