Monday, September 22, 2008

Summer 2008 Photos (2 of 4)

Pottery shard.
A piece of Native American pottery. When I lived in Kentucky I thought it would be exciting to find a piece of pottery. Now I've seen thousands of pieces but the excitement hasn't lessened. I never dreamed I would one day own property littered with pottery. (Larger version)


Rufous hummingbird.
Rufous hummingbird. This year we saw only Black Chinned and a few Rufous hummingbirds. On some years there are many Rufous and some other species. (Larger version)


Hopi Rattlesnake.
Hopi Rattlesnake. Normally we see seven or eight per year but this summer only two. Julie encountered this one while I was at work, took some photos and sent me an instant message: This fella was resting on the southwest side of the bird water when I decided to dump a bucket of fresh water in. He scared the peepee out of me but, as I've been trained, I immediately ran for the camera. (Larger version)


Moth.
This moth worked these flowers for 15 minutes without ever landing on a blossom. (Larger version)


Pool Party.
Pool Party!. (Larger version)

3 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Yeah. I know. Snakes are more scared of me than I am of them. They hide it better though.

9/22/2008 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger jules said...

Love the "Pool Party' photo. At our house, we have those too, sometimes.

9/22/2008 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Wow! to the moth. Great job.

9/22/2008 06:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home