Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Am Normal!

He smiled and said, "You're normal."

In July 2007 I had an abnormal nuclear stress test and my cholesterol and C-reactive numbers were high. The doctor wanted to prescribe a statin drug but I refused and chose to attempt life style changes.

In January 2008 I returned to the cardiologist to get results of another cholesterol test. He expected to say, "See, it didn't work. Take a statin." Instead, he commented "You're an exception. Come back in six months."

Today I got the latest results: cholesterol is fine. C-reactive is fine. Nuclear stress test is fine. Blood pressure and pulse are fine. Eleven minutes on the treadmill was excellent.

He surprised me when he asked "Can I have a nurse phone you to learn what you read about nutrition, what you eat and your life style changes? I'd like to write a teaching paper and use you as a poster boy." I agreed and he introduced me to the nurse who will be phoning me.

Life is good -- too busy lately but good, real good.

Tomorrow Julie and I are taking a belated anniversary trip. Each year we do something special to celebrate another year together. In July she was on the list for jury duty so we had to postpone our trip. This weekend we'll celebrate seven years together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Congratulations! The anniversary, the excellent check up, and for showing the doctor another way.

Good to read you again, Paul

8/15/2008 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Congratulations, though I'd dare you say you are far from normal -and thaat is a good thing.

8/19/2008 08:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home