Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Ideal Candidate

Here's my ideal candidate for president.
  • Female
  • Part Hispanic, part Black, part White.
  • Born to a low income illegal immigrant family
  • Raised in a broken home by a single mom
  • Earned everything through hard work
  • Educated at a state university
  • Intelligent, independent, questioner of accepted truths
  • Never reveals her tentative and evolving religious beliefs
  • Unassailable integrity and ethics
  • Proven leadership ability
  • No experience in Washington
  • Advocates responsible citizenship but not patriotism
  • Comfortably wealthy but not overly rich
  • Not a member of either major political party
  • Sees wars other than wars of last resort reactive self-defense as moral and diplomatic failures
  • Characterized by compassion, wisdom and a belief in self-reliance
  • Believes in and practices democracy
  • Commits self to appointing intelligent and fearless advisors with dissenting opinions and philosophies without regard to political affiliation
  • Does not use fear as a means of manipulation

That's my choice. As for platform and positions on the issues, I really don't care. Having a person of integrity who is truly representative of Americans would be enough for me.

That's it. That's my one and only political statement for this year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Giants, ogres, virgins, honorable politicians ...

Great thought though.

5/18/2008 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

Yes! Yes! Amen! Especially the final statement!

5/18/2008 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Let's build a platform, with ONE camera trained on it, which transmit to ONE channel available to all the citizens, and allow ANY person one hour on it to express their "platform" and why they should be elected as president. Allow NO OTHER media coverage ANYTIME ANYWHERE for candidates for president. THAT would even the playing field once and for all.

Those that get the best ratings after the first three monthes get to come back for two more hours, and so and so forth till the final three candidates remain and they get to actually run for president.

5/21/2008 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Wouldn't that be nice to find.

my email is melodyk99 at yahoo dot com.

Give me a shout and we'll try to find some time to meet while you are in Louisville.

5/21/2008 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mysti said...

I like your candidate.. This election has me on edge and i'm ready for it to be over so I know if I have to move to Canada or not. It's either there, or France if we can scrape the money together. I think I have a better chance making it to the Great White North. *sigh* Being that we live in Denver, Bear and I are hoping to head downtown during the convention to watch the protesting. Heck, we may have to jump in too!

5/26/2008 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

Hello Julie and Paul,
I've been a fan of your blog for a few years. When someone awarded me the blogger's E=Excellence award last month, I passed it along to ten of my favorite bloggers. Wondering was one of the first I thought of. I bestow this award because your blog is always insightful, beautifully written, frequently gives me a chuckle or something to stop and think about, and tells the tale of building a life off the grid better than any I've seen.

Thank you for a superb blog.

6/11/2008 01:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home