Friday, June 29, 2007

Heaven Must Wait

I've got to go back to work to get some rest and to get things done around home. I've been off 4 weeks and have a little over 2 weeks of vacation left.

We had a wonderful time in Chaco Canyon and we're leaving in 30 minutes for a north rim to south rim Grand Canyon hike. We'll spend tonight on the North Rim and 3 nights in the canyon. We'll get home on July 3 and I'll finish the heaven story.

I had a cardiac stress test this week. It was a piece of cake, easy, a no-sweater -- much less exertion than I do most days. The technicians imaged my heart and asked that I return in an hour after a doctor reviewed the test results. Surprisingly, they wanted a second image because they think something is not right. Another doctor reviewed the results and referred me to a cardiologist for yet another test.

Why are they picking on a healthy person like me? Don't they make enough money from people who are truly sick?

4 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

You tell me, Paul, why are they picking on you? I don't know why doctors can't be up front with you from the git-go.

6/30/2007 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Nice try Paul!!!!

Where are the Pics??????

6/30/2007 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

No, Paul, they make their money off of people with INSURANCE!

6/30/2007 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

I would much rather agree with the others that healthcare professionals are just scaring you for the insurance money - but I know better.

As with anything, there are some unsavory characters - but a true professional and most are, wouldn't do that.

I wish the best possible results and you peace in the interim.

7/01/2007 06:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home