Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tidbits

Work consumed yesterday. Preparations for traveling ravage this day. Tomorrow presents the challenge of lines, impatient homo sapiens and illogical airport security.

(That’s another interesting label – homo sapiens: Etymology: New Latin, species name, from Homo, genus name + sapiens, specific epithet, from Latin, wise, intelligent. Wise? Intelligent? But, back to the issue at hand.)


Sunrise
Sunrise on Sunday, 12/17/2006.



Julie and I drive to Phoenix tonight and fly to Buffalo, NY tomorrow to visit one of my two favorite sisters and my favorite mother. Next Sunday we drive a rental vehicle to Kentucky to visit my son, daughter and five grandsons. Regretfully, there are – and will be -- no granddaughters. I haven’t seen them in two years so I expect they have changed much. I sometimes wonder what they think of this weird stranger called grandfather who occasionally invades their lives.


Bird
In this photo I was playing with the camera and depth of field.




Enlarged Bird
Photo was taken with a 10X optical and cropped from the above photo.



Yesterday I began my seventh decade. I asked Julie how it felt to be married to an old man. She replied that she made a mistake and should have married a rich old man.

Me not rich? Given her love and companionship, I feel extremely rich.

4 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

A belated Happy Birthday. Trust you will be able to avoid the tender mercies of TSA and Homeland Security. Who was it that said,"illegitmi non carborundum?"

Feliz Navidad.

12/19/2006 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

I raise my glass, and wish you another 7th decade of wondering!

Cheers ears and the deers!

12/19/2006 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Happy Birthday! I always tease J with "I should have married rich".

12/19/2006 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

SEVENTY? You're kidding! REALLY?

Damn, I feel downright FRESH!

You, Sir, have entered a grand decade of your life in an even grander fashion, with and open mind and the kind of wisdom only such a state can permit...

HAPPY ANNUAL THIRTY-FIFTH BIRTHDAY!

Like me, you strick me as an individual of about 45.........hehe

12/20/2006 05:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home