Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Evil Thoughts

I felt her roll over and snuggle closer to me. I moved closer to her. An evil thought entered my mind. It was a thought born of need.

“She might resist but I can get her clothes off. I know I can.”

We were camped in the Shining Rock Wilderness in North Carolina. There was no one close. No one would have heard her screams of panic and resistance.

But, it was a futile thought. She weighed only about 120 pounds and I weighed about 200. Her clothes would never have fit me.

“Next time”, I thought, I’m going to bring more clothes or hike with someone who wears clothes my size.”

The inside of the tent was thick with frost. I picked up a water bottle and it was frozen. I endured the cold and tried to sleep.

Next morning, by 9 AM, the sun was out and we were in shorts. I forgot the cold night and buried my evil thoughts and she never knew.





(It was three degrees below zero yesterday and it was one below this morning. It was warm compared to that night.

Julie, when you read this, know that I would never have evil thoughts like this when backpacking with you!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

I am shocked and appalled that you would have such thoughts.

12/05/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

If it's that cold down there, yo should consider moving to Canada. It's a hot 24F here right now.

12/05/2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Are you a MAN or a MOUSE???????

Ok I'll pass you the cheese......

12/05/2006 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Some knight in flannel woolens YOU turned out to be!

12/05/2006 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Whatever happened to good old fashioned sharing of body heat????

Nudge nudge wink wink say no more eh!

12/05/2006 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger MojoMan said...

It worked! You had me going there for a moment!

12/06/2006 04:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home