Thursday, December 07, 2006

Morning News - Thursday

Page 1 – Local News

“Look, Julie, I’ve got a third nipple!”

She made an appointment with a dermatologist but the nipple fell off before the appointment. The doctor questioned two moles on my stomach. I made the mistake of saying one itched occasionally and she decided to remove it – a quick shot, a quick cut and it was over. If I was a true American, I would feel justified in blaming the government for not putting a warning label on the sun and being responsible for me when I was young and foolish; but, I’m not and I don’t.

Page 2 – World News

I received the following in an email and leave it to you to verity its accuracy.

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers. The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington D.C.

Page 3 – Society News

Last year Julie and I attended a Christmas concert that was fantastic. It was probably the best symphony I’ve ever heard. I’m looking for something similar this year.

A few years ago, on a cold, cold night, Julie and I dressed up and went to a performance of The Nutcracker in Lubbock, Texas. I had endured -- uh, enjoyed -- a performance in Louisville some years earlier but it was her first experience. The ballet is being performed in Flagstaff this week and I asked if she would like to see it again. Her non-verbal reply clearly communicated “Hell, no!” but I chose to interpret it as “No, thank you dear!”.

Theatrikos, a theatre company in Flag, is presenting An O. Henry Christmas. That sounds more enjoyable. I’m going to check on tickets.

Page 4 – Health and Aging

I started to write a post this morning but it sounded familiar – too familiar. I searched my blog and it appears I’ve never written it. I'm saving it for tomorrow and may use it after searching again.

Age does appear to affect memory. Please, please, please tell me if I re-post a story. Friends don’t let friends turn into old men who tell the same boring stories over and over and over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Sometimes it is a "barnacle of life. Once it was a melanoma. Good thing to get them looked at immediately.

It isn't age. We have so many files on our desk top, all stuffed with knowledge and wisdom, that we need to increase our RAM so we can access it more quickly.

12/07/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure that if you do ever repost that it will have a somewhat different flavour. Besides, if you can't remember, what makes you think that we would? :)

12/07/2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Try listening to the music they play for the younger generation.

They rehash a lot of music from years ago........


And the buggers make money out of it!

Keep ya chin up Harry.......
Or are you George? Fredrick maybe?
Ernest? Damn!!!! Cyril...no???
Adrian? Bob? Terry perhaps?
Whatever ya name is Paul ...I'll think of it sooner or latter....

Give my love to Jill....or was that Janice? Jane.......Oh I am sure Julie knows what I mean

12/07/2006 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

We've been trying to pull of of Washington for years now, but the CIC insists on staying the course. The Capital Study Group has recommended that we arm the law-abiding citizens so that they can handle their own security, but Bush has insisted that we have enough cops there to handle security for them. Down here in the Sunshine Province, all is well, because we shoot back, so the insurgency is rather nervous.

Your post really made me laugh, Paul, great writing!

12/08/2006 08:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home