Friday, December 01, 2006

Evening News - Friday, December 1

Julie is recuperating without pain after foot surgery this morning. We were home by 11 AM and I took care of her throughout the day. You might say I waited on her had and foot. For lunch she requested grilled cheese with chips, orange slices and tea. For supper I prepared a salad, pizza with corn meal crust and a white zinfandel. I’ll wash, dry and put the dishes away after tonight’s movie which she chose. The last time I went to a doctor it was after she scheduled me – against my wishes – for a colonoscopy. She didn’t feed me regardless of how much I begged but, I don’t hold grudges. I’ll perform kitchen duty for the next few days.

Page 2

The trees have a white shadow on their northeast sides due to the remains of four inches of snow – our first snow of the winter. On Wednesday morning Julie checked the weather and a web cam on campus in Flagstaff to see if they received any snow. About the same time I opened the door to step out into the dark to fill the bird feeders and discovered we had snow. It never occurred to us that we might have snow. We’re 1,400 feet lower and on the northeast side of the mountains so we get only a fraction of what Flagstaff gets. The snow was beautiful. The temperature of 2 degrees was unpleasant – especially after the 80+ degrees that we enjoyed last weekend in Tucson.

Page 3

I moved most of the bird feeders to the west side of the house, changed the type of feed in some of them, and moved the animal water. This morning six feeders – and ground feed -- were empty by 11 AM. Eight feeders, camera and binoculars are ready for the weekend. Today I saw three birds that I couldn’t identify. Tonight, I’ll search the books and identify them.

Commercial

Have you had your fill of Christmas commercials? I’ve already hit my nausea level. Want an antidote? Try a dose of Good Planets photos which is being hosted this month by Journeys With Jood. Good Planets is available each Saturday. Check it out tomorrow, December 2. For more info about Good Planets, read this Dharma Bums post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Speedy recovery, Julie.

It has gotten down to minus 21 here. Snow on the ground. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

12/01/2006 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You have more snow than us then although we got our first real bit yesterday.

12/02/2006 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Hope Julie is recovering well.

Our snow is still on the ground, although quickly receding. It's been almost a week of it! We also don't get snow regularly, so it's been a treat.

12/02/2006 09:18:00 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Please explain this "snow" you speak about. Is it cold? What color is it? Can you send me a sample?

12/02/2006 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home