Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reformed

The sun was setting and it was breathtaking. It was 1995 and I was on the north side of Amarillo, Texas. I searched frantically for a place to pull over. After finding a spot, I opened my camera case, removed the lense, selected another lense, raised the camera -- and it was too late. The dramatic rays of color had faded in the few seconds that it took to change lenses! It was one of the most dramatic sunsets I've ever seen.

Sunrise
Sunrise on Saturday, 11/11/06.


I used to start my days early in order to pack as much work into the day as possible. I worked until dark before quitting. No more. Now, I like a leisurely start. I like watching the sky and waiting for the first birds at the feeders. I've missed enough sunrises and sunsets.

Sunset
Sunset on Saturday, 11/11/06.


My camera has been repaired twice and has seen it's useful life. I've selected a new camera but can't find it locally. I hope to locate it over the Thanksgiving break.

I've reformed. Work is far less important than enjoying and photographing sunrises and sunsets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Nice shots. I don't see many sunrises. :)

11/12/2006 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Beautiful skies there. So, what kind of camera are you getting?

11/12/2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Consumer Reports gave the Fujufilm FinePix E900 a good rating. It's an advanced compact that balances pixels, cost, weight, size, zoom and other features. I want to try it before I make a final decision.

11/12/2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

Hmm. I don't know about those sunrises, Paul. I figure a sunset is merely a sunrise in reverse and happens at a much more civilized hour.

11/12/2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

I remember I was a snob about SLR camera's, since you saw thru the viewfinder exactly what you would get and the shot was metered thru the lens. Now, thanks to the LCD screen on the point and shoots, you get pretty much the same result alot easier without all the bulk, although the SLR still wins hands down when it comes to interchangable lenses, but the price.......wow.

If only they made a digital adapter back for my old Canon A-1, I'd be in heaven!

11/12/2006 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home