Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Post III

I’m not creative and I admire people who are.

Julie’s sister paints. Each time we visit I’m amazed at her ability and her improvement and growth. Last year in Amsterdam, I stood in a large room and turned 360 degrees and saw the change in Van Gogh’s paintings as he gained experience, technique and style. It was impressive. I’d like to see Julie’s sister’s work in a similar setting. I’m envious but painting is beyond my capability. However, I may be able to create pottery and that is definitely on my to-do list.

I took a voice class in college. I couldn’t sing when the class started and I couldn’t sing with the class ended but the professor gave me an “A” for trying and not quitting.

Cindy of Quotidian Light has published some poetry. Yes, I’ll admit it. I’m envious. I’m going to try poetry. It may not be good but I’ll enjoy trying.

In a previous life back in Kentucky, I used to have woodworking tools and tried my hand at furniture and cabinets. I bought a table saw, sander and some small tools this past summer and plan on setting up a shop. There’s something about wood, its grain, texture and color, that I find appealing and soothing.

I’m not creative but I like to try and I know I'll get praised for my creations. I can always depend on Julie!

6 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

Not creative????
Don't sell yourself short mate!!!

Move away from the PC just a bit and scroll down and look at things you have written.

Ok some of it may be in your mind ...crap.... but you created it.

HELL, the last person ya would expect to pop by here is me.
So ya must be doing something Creative to keep me coming back!

10/27/2006 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You express a lot of creative thoughts in your blog writing. Don't dismiss it/them.

10/27/2006 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Paul, how do I email you so i can answer the questions you left on my blog?

10/28/2006 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lilly said...

Hello there,
I ran into your blog following up a comment you left at Moose Hill.

I think that we are all artists, if only we express our unique vision. I wrote more about that on my blog "possible-world" here at blogspot (August 4, 2006).

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and also agree with your political point of view. I think it's a damn shame for Jesus that Mr. Bush claims to follow the Prince of Peace while he steals our children's future and murders out of greed.

Ah, yes, but while we keep our sense of humor, there is still a chance for us.
Best wishes,
Lilly

10/28/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

Sorry, but I have to chuckle at your modesty. A person of true talent touts their talent not.

You and Julie are fortunate to have each other - and that makes life so very sweet.

10/28/2006 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Sometimes I feel like my once fertile creativity is just wasting away......I love how creative my wife can be when it comes to her Wiccan crafts or how we tackle the shade garden.......my best efforts seem to be my blog these days.

You, Sir, are the very definition of creative!

10/30/2006 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home