Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Happy Post I

Most of the time, I walk around feeling content and optimistic. It’s learned behavior. I try to keep life out of balance by tipping the scales in my favor.

All of us have to deal with stress and unpleasant issues. I do so with the assumption that I’m going to do something pleasant and enjoyable after it’s over. Last night I wrote about politics which is distasteful to me. (See the post below this one). Today, I will receive responses that may reinforce the distastefulness of the subject and can lead to increased stress, less happiness and negative impacts on my health. How am I going to tip the scales in my favor? I’m going to focus on positives.

  • The men’s group meets tonight and the subject is feelings. I’m looking forward to the discussion.
  • Julie and I watch one 30-minute TV program each week and it’s on tonight.
  • I’m reading a book that’s fascinating. I like to combine it with soft music and a warm bed.
  • This weekend Julie and I are going swimming. I enjoy spending time with her.
  • Next Wednesday a group has planned a showing of a movie about the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer which I plan on attending.
  • I have enrolled in a class on greenhouse design for the following weekend.

I feel better already!

3 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

If you aren't going swimming in a heated, indoor pool, I don't want to hear about it.

10/25/2006 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

I know this may come as a shock to you, but I actually enjoy moments when I'm not stroking out over politics, so I do have those times I go to my happy place and just chill. Like I said, my blood pressure has always been remarkably low, considering....

10/25/2006 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger MojoMan said...

I think you're on to something here. It's important to be proactive. I spend too much of my life reacting to stimulii from the outside. I need to generate more action from within.

10/25/2006 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home