Sunday, October 09, 2005

I Don't Understand

I generally (not always) experience life as a low-grade state of something similar to euphoria. I feel good and can't explain why. It's not drug-induced, I haven't won the lottery. I don't know why.

So, it's a bit of a mystery to me why others are searching for "enlightenment". Please, please, don't interpret this in a negative or demeaning way. Perhaps it's a language problem but I just don't understand.

Maybe this is all life has to offer. Maybe there isn't anything more. Maybe there isn't a heaven attainable now or in the after life. If so, that's OK by me because life is good and I don't need more.

However, it's easy for me to say this because at the moment I'm healthy, employed, happily married and have deceived myself into thinking I'm in control of my life.

I suspiscion those needing something more are going through the normal growth/evolutionary pains that humans (myself included) experience. If so, hang in there! It can come together for you.

For me, life became good when I realized the following.

My life is mine. I must set my own values, make my own decisions, choose my path. There are plenty of people, corporations and governments that want to do this for me but I can't relinquish this responsibility.

Life is a mixture of good times and bad times. I must enjoy, appreciate and be thankful for the good times because they enable me to face the bad times. I must appreciate the bad times and learn and grow through them because they make the good times better and I become stronger and better prepared for any future.

Life must be lived in simplicity with the natural world. Cities, the commercial media (radio, TV, etc) and technology (ps: I develop software) are unnatural and unhealty. I must live with them but I know they are not real. They are fool's gold. Reality is sand, water, family, friends, physical work, solitude and the rhythms of the universe.

I'm not invincible so I must plan some time for myself each day. If the sun doesn't shine and I need sunshine then I must create a few moments of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger George Breed said...

Sounds like en-light-enment to me. Can't beat sunshine.

Enlightenment is not over there somewhere to be found. What I am about to say sounds like a line from an old Kung Fu show (which, in my opinon, should have starred Bruce Lee rather than David Carridine), but so be it.

The one who is seeking is the one being sought.

10/09/2005 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home