Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November

It's 8:53 PM and I'm crowding the deadline. In just three hours and seven minutes it will be December and I will have missed the opportunity to have one entry on my blog for the month of November. This morning I vowed I would write something today.

There have been many things happening, lots of experiences to record, good things that I want to remember but those good events have taken my time and left little time for writing.

These two photos will explain our biggest project that began in late September.

Kitchen corner before remodel.


Before.


Kitchen corner before remodel.


After.


I estimate six weeks of additional work to finish the kitchen remodel but the bulk of the work is complete. Trim work, a half wall with a counter top, ceramic flooring and lights remain.

In late October a friend and I took a backpacking trip and discussed a Grand Canyon trip in March. The spring seems far away, so far that I thought I had plenty of time to get a permit. I missed the November 1 deadline to apply and increase our chances of getting the dates and itinerary we discussed. I am determined not to miss the December 1 deadline for April.

Hopefully I'll find the time over Christmas break to write about the backpacking trip, two motorcycle trips with Julie, gardening, the county fair, a trip to Amarillo, a visit by the son of a cousin whom I haven't seen in 40 years, installation of a new generator and game nights with friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Welcome back

Tim

12/01/2010 04:33:00 AM  
Blogger graceonline said...

So glad to see you writing again, Paul, and looking forward to what comes next. Good luck with the remodel! What you showed us is lovely.

12/02/2010 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

An impressive reno.

Did you get your app in?

12/02/2010 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home