Friday, January 09, 2009

Wanting to Trade Places

I wanted out. It wanted in.

I wanted to begin building the raised garden beds but outside it was cold, snowing and the wind was blowing. I read, thought, planned and looked out the windows. Three times I went out, tromped down the snow below the feeders and dumped seed for the Juncos and other ground feeders. About 4 PM we put on a few layers of clothing and walked the mile to the mail box to get Saturday's mail.

Bird on netting.
Bird looking into the warm, windless, snow-free sun room.


Throughout the day birds repeatedly flew back and forth in front of the netting that protects them from flying into the windows. The wind was coming from the north and the area behind the net was protected from the weather. It seemed as if one bird in particular was determined to find a way to escape the chilling wind.

Last weekend's snow has melted. Today is sunny with a slight breeze and a high in the low 50s is expected. I'll work on the garden today. I'm getting out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't blame either you or the bird. :)

You get mail on Saturday?! My goodness, we're lucky to get it at all. (not really)

1/09/2009 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

I've been meaning to ask you some garden questions.

1/09/2009 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home