Sunday, January 11, 2009

Temporary Solution: Addendum

About 10:30 last night I closed the window in front of the pet door to minimize heat loss during the night. At 5 AM I got up and walked into the room and looked out the window at the moon light coming through the translucent pet door. I noticed a triangular shadow on top of a round base. A cat ear?

I raised the window, pushed the door open and saw Priscilla. Sorry! She spent her first night outside ever and the temperatures dropped into the teens.

It never occurred to me to check the cage before closing the window. I had seen both cats in the sun room just a couple minutes earlier.

Priscilla leading Julie.
Priscilla leading Julie.


This afternoon Julie put harnesses on both cats and took them for a walk around the yard. It's a fairly easy process. Pick up Sammy, follow Priscilla wherever she wants to go and set Sammy down when you get there. Julie has more patience than me. Eventually she'll train both of them to lead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Are you surprise Julie has more patience than you?

1/12/2009 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Buffalo,
Actually no. When I was single I knew I needed someone with patience who would put up with me and that was on my list of important characteristics. The mistake I made was in telling her I am lazy. For the first few years she asked repeatedly what that means. Now she knows and won't let me forget it. Sometimes my laziness stresses her patience.

1/12/2009 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home