Thursday, September 04, 2008

A La Carte

The number one meal of divorced American males in the 1970's was cold cereal and milk. I don't know what current research reveals as the top meal but I do know I ate my share of cereal and tuna fish straight from the can (no dishes to wash) in the 1990's.

Those days are in the past.

Julie cooking waffles for breakfast.
Julie cooking waffles for breakfast. (Larger version)


Julie manages the menu at our house and does an excellent job! On a Friday morning in July she suggested we cook waffles on the deck. On a whim I took a photo of the breakfast table. Lunch came and I felt the same whim. Supper wasn't a whim but felt like an unfinished task to document a culinary day in our life on July 11, 2008.

Lunch of vegan tamales from the local farmer's market.
Lunch of vegan tamales from the local farmer's market. (Larger version)


Julie makes the menu decisions and does the preparation with the exception of breakfast and lunch on work days. I make breakfast and pack our lunches. Also, I try to help with the dishes most of the time since she refuses to eat from the can and has reformed me.

A supper of fruits, nuts, hummus, blue corn chips, string cheese and a zinfandel wine
A supper of fruits, nuts, hummus, blue corn chips, string cheese and a zinfandel wine. (Larger version)

4 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

A wonderful presentation.

9/04/2008 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Yum, yum.

What were the 2 pills for breakfast?

I think of you often.

Tim

9/04/2008 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Tim, a few years ago I began taking a multi-vitamin and two 82mg aspirin each morning. The multi-vitamin is in the photo but doesn't have much contrast to the napkin. As I understand it, the aspirin research was done on men so the benefits for women are an assumption but Julie takes one aspirin and a multi-vitamin.

9/06/2008 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

We love a la carte, especially breakfast.

Glad to see you enjoying your summer.

9/07/2008 08:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home