Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Third

The first was while playing on an afternoon of my youth of invincibility. It was the product of a good effort that was poorly executed. A good excuse.

The second was in the recent past when the realization of mortality created long stepping effort to deter an inevitable decline. Another worthy excuse.

The third was today and was initiated by impatience which conceived foolishness -- a poor and unworthy excuse. Of the details I will say nothing. Of the foolishness I will say only "wisdom tempers impatience and chooses a ladder rather than an empty and unstable barrel".

This third rib, too, will heal like its companions.

Near the end of the day I was sitting on the ground -- a safe place -- using a razor blade to scrape labels from newly installed windows when Julie came over. I interpreted her words as an affirmation of love: "I need to go in and vacuum. While I'm gone, you won't do anything stupid, will you?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

Excuse me will ya.......I need to have a good laugh at that post!

11/04/2007 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

:)

11/04/2007 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

Could she have secretly hoping she wouldn't miss another stupid people trick?

Naw. It was probably love.

11/04/2007 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Paul,

Curious question...I guess she knew of the first two adventures and knows of a certain tendency.

It must also say something about the 4 of us who have commented so far...maybe a certain friendly sadism amongst us...curious crew you have assembled!

Tim

11/04/2007 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Doncha just love how they love you? grin

11/06/2007 06:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home