Sunday, January 06, 2013

Beauty

All moments  are beautiful but some are exceptional. Last October as I drove to work I had a truly exceptional moment of beauty.

I was about 4 miles from home when I crested a hill and saw a double rainbow that was arching over the road in a perfect half circle. I was driving west and the sun which was just above the horizon behind me  was coloring everything under deep gray clouds.  I came to the edge of a rain shower that was wetting the   landscape and causing it to reflect the sunshine. Rabbit bush was in bloom and both sides of the road were lined with brilliant yellow.

It was a moment that would fade quickly as the sun climbed and the rain clouds moved east. I pulled to the side of the road and took several photos before the intensity of the colors began to fade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Regenia said...

Wow! Couldn't be more beautiful! Really something to capture in a picture.

1/13/2013 04:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home