Saturday, January 05, 2013

Two Sun Room Favorites

Favourites seem to come and go. At the moment two of my favourites are a Spider Plant and a Split Leaf Philodendron.

The Spider Plant was a gift from neighbors. Actually, it was a gift I requested. They have a Spider Plant and I asked for a start. Late last summer they dropped off a small plant. I repotted it and before long it began growing and putting out runners. When summer ended I moved it into the sun room and it continued to grow. Soon I plan on rooting two runners.

Spider Plant

The Split Leaf Philodendron was also a gift. Another neighbour was moving and didn't have room for the plant.  It's so large I was uncertain but decided to try it. We placed in in a window between the kitchen and the sun room where the leaves reach out toward the window. It continues to grow new leaves and anchor roots. It appears healthy than when we first received it.

Split Leaf Philodendron

1 Comments:

Blogger Regenia said...

We had a slit leaf philodendron in our Lockport house. It took up the entire corner of the living room!

1/13/2013 04:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home