Thursday, January 03, 2013

Hearing Aids

Before Christmas I decided it was time, went to the Speech-Language-Hearing clinic on campus and selected hearing aids. Later this morning I pick them up.

I never anticipated needing hearing aids when I was young but looking back at my behavior I see that it was inevitable. When a smart person would have worn hearing protection I chose to act as if I was somehow exempt from the danger.

 It has been interesting learning about hearing, hearing aids and some related neurological facts. In the late summer I picked up a copy of Oliver Sacks "Hearing Voices" which details his research about people born deaf, their education and signing. A thoroughly fascinating book.

I've adjusted to eye glasses and I'll adjust to hearing aids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Join the club, Paul. I joined it early. You managed for much longer.

1/03/2013 08:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home