Friday, February 11, 2011

Twos

East of Flagstaff, beyond Twin Arrows, on the edge of Canyon Diablo is Two Guns. Among the ruins from Route 66 days is a small building with two doors. Behind each door are two seats.

Two doors.
Two doors.


Two seats.
Two seats.


I was going through old photos tonight when I came across these pictures. They brought back memories from long ago of a similar building a short distance from the log cabin where my grandmother lived. It had one door and two seats. Or was it three?

It is strange why my brain stores some memories. I clearly see my cousin beside me and the remains of a Sears catalog. Why do I remember this? Was it the fourth of July and the excitement of the day with extended family? Or was it the day we were raking a field of hay? I remember being on top of the haystack holding the center pole and walking in circles to tramp the hay down. Was it that day?

Regardless, strange as it may be, I remember and it's a good memory of good times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That would be one way to strike up a friendship.

2/12/2011 06:41:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

ok, let's see; one TO TO review...then a TWO door TWO seaters story...

it'll be interesting to see where this progression leads.

:)

Tim

2/12/2011 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh gosh, I always love dipping into your adventures (and I love your enthusiasm), but I am SO HAPPY that we don't have those old two seaters anymore (although lots of friends in Maine have them).

Sending warm wishes across the miles,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

2/12/2011 05:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home