Monday, February 14, 2011

MP3 and Me

I have an MP3 player, a child's MP3 player sold by Hasbro. I never had a desire for one but I have found it to be a valuable tool.

A few years ago Julie and I were walking to the mail boxes when I saw a small device on the side of the dirt road. One of the ear buds had been crushed by a passing tire. I picked it up, turned it on and worked. The music on it wasn't my kind of music (assuming I'm gracious and call it music).

I had neither cord nor adapter to connect the player to my computer so it lay in a drawer for a year until my son visited. He gave me an adapter. I charged it, erased the noise on it (OK, being ungracious now) and put some different noise on it, noise that I label enjoyable.

The player is limited to 128 megabytes so it holds only a few pieces of music but that's enough for me. It's become a valuable tool. I use it regularly.

Before work, before the sun comes up, I ride a stationary exercise bicycle. Normally this would be an immense boring drudgery but the music on the player makes time vanish. During the day I try to walk but without the player. I never take it to work. Before bed I ride the bicycle again. Today I got about one and one half hours of aerobic exercise.

I like this toy.

Post in ice plant.
Post surrounded by Ice Plant. This photo has nothing to do with the subject of this blog entry. While going through old photos I found this picture and like it. I'm not saying it's a good photo but I like it and don't fully know why. The why isn't important but does make me wonder. Why?

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My iPod has been quite useful although I haven't used it too much lately.

2/15/2011 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

I think I still have my Sony Walkman stuck somewhere.

For no apparent reason I seem to have stopped listening to music. I develop listener fatigue quickly. Maybe it's the music. Maybe it is my ears. Maybe it's my taste.

Maybe is an useful word.

2/15/2011 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Regenia said...

Bet you'd be surprised to know I also have an MP3 player!! I do. And I enjoy it. I also have CDs with old radio mysteries on them. A Christmas gift a few years ago. Boy, do I enjoy those! I've liked to listen to stories on the radio since I got my first portable radio in sixth grade for Christmas.

You might enjoy the picture simply because it is uplifting. There is the hint of sunshine. And it is visually interesting. There is color, texture, composition. Actually, what's not to like?

2/16/2011 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger Regenia said...

Just thought of something else that might surpise you. I know how to listen to music on my computer while working. You really had no idea I could do quite that much with technology, did you?

2/16/2011 07:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home