Monday, July 13, 2009

In the Garden

I got the garden in late but I'm pleased.

In addition to about ten varieties of flowers we have the following.
  • Tomatoes
  • Peppers
  • Cucumber
  • Squash
  • Kohlrabi
  • Beets
  • Radish
  • Rutabaga
  • Carrot
  • Parsnip
  • Salsify
  • Blue Corn
  • White Corn
  • Sweet Corn
I had planned for other vegettables but missed the opportunity. Some will wait for a fall garden.

During our Colorado trip in June we watered the garden by using a timer. It worked but I wasn't pleased with the water distribution nor the amounted used. Normally we water each morning with a shower wand. I like this method. It gives me an opportunity to check each plant, to pull young weeds, to direct water where it's need in an appropriate amount and to marvel at the miracle of growth. I have used pine needles for mulch and an happy with the results. Water consumption has been reasonable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

You braggart you!

7/14/2009 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home