Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Moment of Cautious Hope

I have little hope for the future of our world. I see no evidence that merits hope. We humans will destroy ourselves and the earth. However, occasionally I discover a perspective that gives me a sense of comfort which makes hope possible. Today I read an article that offers neither solutions nor new knowledge but I found it comforting. It was simply a statement of one man's experiences, opinions, personal growth and touching humanity. The article was Uri Avnery's “Rest has Come to the Weary…”.

If there is cause for hope, it comes not from technology, not from religion, not from political diplomacy but from people with compassion and a reverence for life that enables them to see others not as enemies but as persons.

(I discovered Uri Avnery's articles several months back while reading Malcom's blogs entitled THE WORD OF SINNA LUVVA. and MAL's FACTORY - Poetry & Prose Poems . Thank you, Malcom.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

When we stop loving each other, we stop taking responsibility for each other. We no longer demand accountability for our actions. Our base nature creeps in ever so slowly and becomes the norm. We tolorate atrocity. And then, as a species, we commit suicide.

I believe that in the end, nature attends to it's mistakes and tries again..........

4/13/2009 07:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home