Monday, February 09, 2009

In Plain Sight

A year-long search unexpectedly ended Friday. I had misplaced a few disks containing photos from 2002 through 2005. I couldn't find them after repeated searches but knew they would be found some day.

I have an oak secretary that was my grandfather's and my father's. I opened the front looking for a notebook and saw a stack of disks in plain sight. Ah, ha!

Serene pool.
Serene pool in Rocky Mountain National Park. (Larger version)


Among the missing photos were a trip in July 2005 with my son and daughter-in-law. We stopped at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, Arches National Park in Utah and Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

Taking a break.
Julie taking a break by a high mountain lake. (Larger version)


The photos are mediocre but they bring back some excellent memories.

Now, I need to burn copies for my son. Like me, he misplaced his photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Mediocre? Huh? You GOT to be kidding me!

Those are beautiful!

2/09/2009 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

I'm going to drag out the thesaurus. I've run out of superlatives for your photos.

2/09/2009 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Wait a minute! You found the photos, and not you're going to burn them, just to satisfy your son's whim? lol

2/10/2009 08:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home