Monday, October 02, 2006

Ideas?

Not to ruin your weekend or feed your rage....Detain

What in the hell can be done about this freakin' insanity?

The above email from a friend was an eye opener for me. I’ve asked the same question without really asking it. I was leaving for the weekend and wrote a quick reply:

What can be done??? This is the question.

Honestly, it appears so overwhelming that I doubt that I've ever really faced the question with any determination. With the money, power and ethics of the religious right, the neocons, the corporations and the republicans and the spinelessness of the democrats it seems hopeless.

I want to think on this seriously. What can be done?

Some days I long for hollywood's version of the old west where I could have loaded my weapons and faced my enemies and fought back rather than doing nothing.

If the last paragraph raises red flags for you – so be it. I’m tired of political correctness and like the imagery.

I thrive on challenges. Drop me into the middle of the Arctic nude with no supplies or quipment and I have the attitude that I’ll tackle the problem and come out winning. Why don’t I have the same attitude about the corruption, illegal actions, immorality and loss of ethics and decency of the US government?

Last spring I began a list of 250 things that anyone can do to live in a sustainable way. I have the list and it continues to grow. I feel good about it. The problem seems less immense.

I think it’s time to develop a similar list about the current crisis. Do you have ideas? What can we do to bring sanity back to the US?

5 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

You could try getting rid of your Politicians, Oprah, Tom Cruise, Fox News, oh the list goes on......

10/02/2006 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

Only miracles spring to mind.

A viable third party formed from the ranks of middle of the road Democrats and Republicans. Folks that believe in freedom, that believe in the beauty and sanctity of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, that don't believe in controling anyone's life other than there own, and that demand fiscal responsibility and fairness for all.

Determined voters that insist our legislators, judges, and administration actually serve the will of the people, not the will of a few. Politicians that respect the dignity and power of their office, but aren't addicted to the power.

Miracle. That's the only thing that I can see right now.

10/02/2006 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Boy did this ever have me going. I had to read it three times to figure out that you were nude and that you weren't dropped into a nude in the Arctic.

Drop me into the middle of the Arctic nude ...

10/02/2006 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

We COULD organize a march on Washington while congress is in session (which is rare, I know, those assholes don't have to punch a clock like WE do), surround it with a mass of humanity the likes this country has never seen, and demand that the entire congress resign. Of course, that won't happen, but the message will be made loud and clear, and we could ask the American people to boycott the two-party system, only considering the best third party candidate who is willing to run. One term of this and I think the Democrates or Republicans who run for office afterwards will think long and hard about what we expect from them.

10/02/2006 05:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all these things have been tried before... over and over we see civilizations fall into ruin when they become corrupt... it is not only the people on top who are corrupt but it comes in the little things as well.. unless we can put our lives onto a path of total morality and integrity, and also our land... from mono culture to poly cultures to heal the soils... and the spirits... it cannot change... there is no power or thing we can do except be as moral and integral as possible and then seek for help from a higher power... to help us choose moral and integral people to lead... but the problem is so deep that should anyone attempt to do so...the new leader would probably be assasinated or the votes would be cast aside as the powers that have directed the leaders currently in place... would make sure they did not loose power... this is no easy thing to overcome... yet the US continues to sink...and loose ground... with every word that is spoken on the leadership hill... yep... that is my thougths...I only know one way that leads to an answer... go back to the same morality, decency, integrity, and love that our founding fathers had for this country... and again...place our trust in a divine power...greater than us..as a nation and as an individual

10/02/2006 08:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home