Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spring Fever

It’s that time of year and I have the fever on schedule. It has been sunny and the temperature has been in the 50s during the day. I want to put on a backpack and start walking.

Julie and I hiked close to home over the last two weekends. Last Sunday we did a new section of the Arizona Trail. This alleviated the fever for a few hours but it keeps coming back.

In a couple years we're going to hike the entire Arizona Trial. Until then, I dream and plan and follow other hikers' adventures.

Each year I follow a few people who hike long distance trails. Last year I followed a young lady and a newly married couple on the Appalachian Trail (Georgia to Maine) and an older (not old but older, about 60) couple on the American Discovery Trail (Delaware to California).

I’m beginning to pick my hiking heroes for this year. I’ll find about three individuals or couples and each morning at breakfast I’ll check on their progress. I’ll cheer them on and be entertained and thrilled and rejuvenated by their experiences.

Here’s the link if you want to join me: Trail Journals.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The only fever we will have for quite a while is cabin fever. I have some questions about your state. Can you email me so that I'll have your address?

2/07/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Clayton said...

Great stuff, Paul; wish I could join you. We were a hiking family in times past, and our Paul was President of the Piedmont App. Club for three years.

The thoughts of great men run in parallel.

2/07/2006 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Lots of beauty out there to experience... sometimes it can just take your breath away...

2/07/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Matthew May said...

Hope you have a great time Paul. :)

2/07/2006 09:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home