Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sized About Right

Not much sun for two days,
Very little wind for two days.
Julie’s son and daughter-in-love (doesn’t daughter-in-law sound cold?) are visiting so we are using extra electricity.

Because of these, yesterday I chose to run my gas generator for three hours to prevent my batteries from dropping below 66% full. This was the first time I’ve run it in five or six months.

Part of the art of living off the grid is having a system that is

  • reasonable in cost,
  • reasonable in materials and energy investment,
  • gives the opportunity to live comfortably but not extravagantly,
  • provides an experience of living in harmony with the cycles of nature.

I think my system is sized about right.

(Today the sun is shining bright in a cloudless sky and we're leaving for the Grand Canyon! Tonight we'll return home to full batteries. Life off the grid is perfect!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. Lucky you - enjoy.

11/12/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I love how you enjoy being off the grid.

11/12/2005 08:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home