Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thirty Days

A Ted Talk that I heard recently advocated the benefits of committing to something for thirty days. The focus was on something new. I liked the idea and immediately thought of several possibilities one of which was writing one blog entry every day. This doesn't classify as new but it's been years since I've written daily. I continue to enjoy my blog and writing about things I find enjoyable. This is an opportunity to record a few more experiences and memories.

This is the fourth of twenty-some consecutive entries. I would commit to 30 but three weeks from yesterday I'll be in the Grand Canyon several miles from an Internet connection so 30 consecutive posts isn't possible.

I have several subjects among which are a recent trip to Las Vegas, an on-going saga centered on a cell signal repeater, a psychological test and an inner tube in a tubeless tire (yes, they are connected), descriptions with photos of our two-week vacation to New York and Ontario and this summer's garden experiences. I don't have twenty subjects but, in my opinion, this is a good thing. I'll be forced to think of things I find interesting and, perhaps, do a few things so I can write about them. It will help keep me alert to events around me, positive events I experience since I have a ban on negativity.

Ah, that make me think of last Friday's conference on verbal first aid. I have another subject! And there's the recent sale of a motorcycle. Another one.

This should be easy, enjoyable, constructive and rewarding in a small way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

No, it's in a BIG way, because I have enjoyed this increased posting frequency of yours very much. Keep it up, it really contributes to my mental well-being!

9/27/2011 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Regenia said...

I am way behind in reading the posts. But I will backtrack as soon as I can. I seem unable to keep up lately, even with many things I WANT to do. This sounds like a great idea! What's a "Ted Talk"?

9/28/2011 06:10:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What the heck do you mean you were in Ontario?! Where, when? If you crossed from NY, you might have relatively near.

9/28/2011 06:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home