Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mexico City and Teotihucan

I intended to post these while in Mexico but time and technical problems prevented me from doing so. Better late than never.

.
Using the only easily accessible electrical outlet. (Larger version)


.
A Diego Rivera mural. (Larger version)


.
A more impress Diego Rivera mural. (Larger version)


.
A stranger walking in front of the mural gives an indication of its size. (Larger version)


.
Another mural with a theme of oppression and torture. The flames under their feet, the hands folded in supplication and the snarling dog. The hands and the dog drew my attention. (Larger version)


.
Police waiting patiently for the last drum to be moved after instructing street performers to move out of the street and onto the sidewalk. (Larger version)


.
The cathedral in the historic section of Mexico City. (Larger version)


.
Police in force. (Larger version)


.
A person dropped money into this street performers box and motioned for a kiss on the cheek from the tourist. I challenged Julie to ask him for a kiss on the cheek. (Larger version)


.
This photo cost me two dollars. As I started to take a photo the performers noticed me since I was taller than anyone in the crowd. Wait! One guy jumped into the arms of the other and posed. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of the circle with about 100 spectators. I was the brunt of several jokes in Spanish. Occasionally one of them would ask a question in rough English. In the end they passed the hat to me and I paid for my photo. Good fun for everyone! (Larger version)


.
Basillica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This was an interesting history lesson. (Larger version)


.
Workmen making replicas of meso-american artifacts. (Larger version)


.
Replicas of meso-american artifacts. This tourist stop wasn't by choice but the workmen in the photo above made it interesting. (Larger version)


.
A photo from Teotihucan. (Larger version)


.
A photo from Teotihucan. (Larger version)


.
The Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan. (Larger version)


.
Climbing the Pyramid of the Sun. (Larger version)


.
Part way up the Pyramid of the Sun. In the background is the Avenue of the Dead which is about 2 miles long. Teotihuacan is impressive. (Larger version)


.
Standing on the Pyramid of the Moon and looking down the Avenue of the Dead toward the Pyramid of the Sun. (Larger version)


.
Exquisite detail at Teotihuacan. (Larger version)


.
Julie standing beside the cathedral in Mexico City. (Larger version)

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Fantastic!

1/17/2008 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Malcolm said...

Really enjoyed this little trip to Mexico! Thanks for taking me there, posibly the closest I'll ever come to the real thing.

1/20/2008 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hodgens said...

Ditto to malcolm's comment.

Julie has short hair and long hair!

Tim

1/24/2008 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home