Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Internet Tag

Melody at Trap Door tagged me. I didn't' play the game by the strict interpretation of the rules. Two categories have more than four responses.

Four jobs you have had:
(Sorry, but memory lane wouldn't let me stop at four. I started to pick four unusual or favorites but couldn't decide.)
  • Toll collector (Interstate 90 in New York)
  • Grocery store - bag and stock
  • Park cars at a funeral home
  • Operated small remote PX while in Army
  • Ford stamping plant - material handler and press operator
  • Rate clerk for a trucking company
  • Receiving manager for a walmart-like discount store
  • Nuclear Missile System Fire Control Operator (computer operator)
  • Cut and housed tobacco
  • Picked strawberries and grapes, trimmed and tied grapes, planted grape vineyards
  • Worked on a dairy farm for about 5 months
  • Contract work for delivery and installation of Sears appliances, buildings, garage door openers, fencing, etc
  • Truck driver and yard worker for a scrap and structural steel business
  • Darkroom technician for small town newspaper
  • Raised two acres of strawberries and raised hogs
  • Contract work as roofer, painter and carpenter
  • Pastor and minister of youth
  • Director of Computer Services, Telephone Services and Institutional Research (my longest title)
  • College fundraising
  • College admissions recruiter
  • Cut and sell firewood
  • Cut and sell cedar logs
  • Worked at amusement park
  • Software developer

Four movies you could watch over and over:
(I never watch a movie a second time but some movies I've enjoyed:)
  • Open Range
  • Driving Miss Daisy
  • Places in the Heart
  • Lonesome Dove

Four places you've lived:
I counted 34 mailing addresses. Multiple locations in each state.
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania
  • Kentucky
  • Texas
  • Arizona (6 mailing addresses in 4 years)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
(I don't have any programs that I watch at present but some I've enjoyed in the past:)
  • Dharma and Greg
  • Law and Order
  • Star Trek (the original)
  • Red Skelton

Four places you've been on vacation:
(I have an addiction to travel and keep a US map that I highlight as I travel. I definitely won't go down memory lane with this question.)
  • Washington, DC
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Utah

Four of your favorite foods:
(Only one healthy favorite.)
  • Ice Cream
  • Chocolate
  • Chicken
  • Fruit

Four places you'd rather be right now:
  • Australia
  • Machu Picchu
  • Easter Island
  • Galapagos Islands

Four sites I visit daily:
(This one was tough. I don't have four regulars.)
Four Bloggers you are tagging:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaye said...

A man after my own heart!! Ice cream and chocolate...yummy!! Now I'm off to fulfill my tag obligation...

1/17/2006 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Great job. You have given us even more insight to you and your life.

1/17/2006 06:51:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

And here I thought you LIKED me, dude!

Boy, you HAVE had one eclectic life, my friend!

1/17/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home